2021 GENERAL ELECTIONS
CANDIDATES FOR GARWOOD COUNCIL
Clarissa has lived in Garwood for 21 years alongside her husband Gonzalo and their three children. Employed by New Brunswick Public Schools for 12 years as an instrumental music teacher, Clarissa has also taught countless children through private lessons and spent years playing flute in orchestras in Spain. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Northwestern University and a Master’s Degree from the Juilliard School. Clarissa is an integral part of the scholarship committee of the non-profit Musical Club of Westfield and works to provide financial aid for musicians throughout Union County. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, reading and gardening.
- Resident of Garwood for 21 years alongside husband and three children
- Employed as Music and Instrumental Teacher by New Brunswick Public Schools for 12 years
- Spent years as a private music tutor and playing flute in orchestras in Spain
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Northwestern University and a Master’s Degree from Juilliard
- Volunteers with the Musical Club of Westfield fundraising for scholarships for musicians in need
- Enjoys cooking, reading and gardening
Jeff, a resident of Garwood since 2017, has over 25 years of state and local government experience. Currently a NJ Registered Municipal Clerk employed by Rahway, Jeff earned a BA from the University of Notre Dame and a Masters in Public Administration from Rutgers University-Newark. He volunteers as a swimming coach in Cranford Township and puts his interest in the environment and sustainability to use as a long-time Board President for the Rahway River Watershed Association. Jeff is also an active member of the Garwood Green Team, overseeing the installation and maintenance of the rain garden at the Recreation Complex. He enjoys hiking and traveling with his son.
- Resident of Garwood since 2017
- Employed as a NJ Municipal Clerk by the city of Rahway
- Over 25 years of state and local government experience
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree from Notre Dame and a Masters in Public Administration from Rutgers University-Newark
- Longtime Board President of the Rahway River Watershed Association and active member of Garwood Green Team
- Enjoys hiking and traveling with his son